David Ortiz Talks Yankees, Red Sox

Friday 14 October 2011 ·

Longtime Red Sox Slugger and free-agent-to-be David Ortiz spoke about the possibility of signing with the AL East rival New York Yankees in an interview with ESPN's Colleen Dominguez Wednesday, after expressing the frustration of the situation in the Red Sox, who have seen the boss Terry Francona and general manager Theo Epstein left in the wake of the collapse of the team in September.

"There's too much drama, man," said Dominguez Ortiz, referring to the Red Sox. "There's too much drama. I thought of many things. I do not know if I want to be part of this drama for next year. "

But Ortiz really consider defecting across the biggest competition of baseball?

"It's something I think," said Ortiz. "I've been here less than the Red Sox for a long time and I saw how it all goes down between these two clubs ball."

Ortiz came a season where he hit .309 with 29 channels (but only one in September) and 96 RBIs. He made $ 12500000 this year after the Red Sox picked up his player option for last fall, and at several points this season, expressed his desire for a multi-year contract.

Ortiz projects as a kind of free agent, which means that teams must submit a first option to sign if he refuses an offer of arbitration from the Red Sox. The 35 he completed his ninth season in Boston with 29 homers and a .309/.398/.554 line. The Yankees do not need a DH this offseaso

"I just want to play baseball," he said. "I'm a winner, I play to win, I want to make a good go around."

Whatever uniform next year, Ortiz promised his priorities will not change.

"Trust me, I play the fans, my family and me," he said.

0 comments:

Live Cricket

Followers

Weather