Kelly Ripa Gives Heartfelt & Teary Goodbye To Regis Philbin

Friday 18 November 2011 ·

Regis Philbin Kelly Ripa gave an emotional farewell on the program Friday, tells the time they spent together and thank him for changing his life.

Friday's episode featuring celebrities and farewell tributes, the audience was filled with famous friends such as Katie Couric, and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg stopped by to give Regis the keys to the city.

Halfway farewell episode, Kelly Ripa took the time to read his farewell speech to Regis.

"As I was reflecting, and we were taking our final 43 steps together, I thought back to our first 43 steps and I was absolutely terrified -- absolutely filled with fear -- and you grabbed my hand and we walked down the hallway, came out the door...and you did something for me,” Kelly said.

She described their morning routine, when Regis joked security guards are not looking at her, because "it is too good to be watched." "The fact is that you will always make me feel like a million dollars" , she said to Regis, who looked approvingly.


Then, she recounted one particular memory that stood out to her over the past eleven years: her first day co-hosting with Regis. "I was absolutely filled with fear and you grabbed my hand and we walked down the hallway, came out the door and you did something for me," she said. "I've never told you this -- but you said, 'You see that, sweetie? That's all for you, all these people are here for you!'"

“That's a loss on their part because I've got to admit, it looks to me like they're kind of forcing you out and I think it's a mistake,” the radio host Spike responded. “The audience still loves you. You’re obviously still ready to work so I don't know why they wouldn't want you.”

“Of course it's a big mistake, but Regis is moving on,” Regis said.

Trivia: In 2004, Philbin and appeared in his 15,188 hours on national television, surpassing the title of the TV personality Hugh Downs journalist shot over from Friday, his case was well over 17,000 hours.
Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Live Cricket

Followers

Weather