Justin Timberlake keeps promise, attends Marine Corps Ball

Sunday 13 November 2011 ·

Justin Timberlake accepted a servicewoman's invitation to attend the Instructor Battalion Marine Corps Ball, and Saturday he made good on that promise. In a posting on its website Sunday, Timberlake noted that it was "almost to tears" during a video tribute to the Marines.

De Santis, mixed martial artist, Timberlake invited to the event via a YouTube video in July.

He was inspired to join him, when he publicly encouraged, Mila Kunis, his "friends of benefits" co-star, to adopt similar call a TV technician.

"You want to call out my girl Mila?" De Santis said to Timberlake in her video. "Well, I'm going to call you out and ask you to come to the Marine Corps ball with me on November 12."


She added, "If you can't go, all I have to say is, cry me a river."

Timberlake said in his message that he and De Santis had ample time to chat before the ceremony tonight, and she talked about her training in mixed martial arts "with a passion, discipline and respect." He was beaten by his concern for his comfort on the ball.
"I have to tell you, it's not every day that I meet a 23-year-old girl and she's more worried about if I'm having fun or if I'm comfortable!" Timberlake wrote. "It hit me all of a sudden that these were the type of people that look after us and our freedom... Last night changed my life and I will never forget it."

Timberlake had been wooed to the ball via video, when his Marine, a champion mixed martial artist in her off-time, made her plea on YouTube. "So, Justin," she said in her online invite. "I'm going to call you out and ask you to come to the Marine Corps ball with me on Nov. 12. ... And if you can't go, all I have to say is, cry me a river." 

A fellow Marine who participated in the ball people, said: "We are all brought back sexy Justin seemed to be a good time, and it was nice to see him there."

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Live Cricket

Followers

Weather